Monday, December 29, 2008

Wesley Church

We visited the John and Charles Wesley Chapel on Sunday afternoon. We started our tour behind the chapel at the grave of John Wesley. Then we were able to go inside the chapel. On our way in the guide asked if any of us played the organ, and of course everyone pointed to me because I played everyday in class and then in Rome. So I got to play the organ that John Wesley bought for his wife and sons (it also was the same type that Handel played on). It was amazing! I played "Our Savior's Love"...my favorite song. I just got the strongest feeling in that church that I was doing the right thing and that these men approved. As we left the chapel, one of our directors pulled us all over and told us the vision of Wilford Woodruff in the St. George Temple.


"Two weeks before I left St. George, the spirits of the dead gathered around me, wanting to know why we did not redeem them. … These were the signers of the Declaration of Independence, and they waited on me for two days and two nights. … I straightway went into the baptismal font and called upon Brother McAllister to baptize me for the signers of the Declaration of Independence, and fifty other eminent men, making one hundred in all, including John Wesley, Columbus, and others." Wilford Woodruff


The Spirit was so strong there and I know that John Wesley has accepted the gospel and was touching our hearts as we entered that chapel.

No comments: