WORK
I have had opportunities to be associated with amazing people in the workplace. I couldn't ask for a more supportive principal, and I am forever grateful for the 3rd and 4th grade teachers who I work with. As the end of the year comes, we are all anxiously awaiting the announcement of our new principal. I have been surprised at the peace I have felt through the changes being made in the district. I know that whoever is chosen as the new principal will face many challenges, but I am willing and ready to embrace the change and love it. I have felt my perspective change over the last several weeks as I realize what really matters most...As I go to work each day, I pray for the Spirit to be near. In the last year I have had many experiences where I didn't logically know the best way to handle a situation, but I did know that if I moved forward with a prayer in my heart I would be guided. I have dealt with less than appreciative parents and students, but through it all I was led by the Spirit in the words I used and the decisions I made. I can't imagine teaching a day without knowing that I can rely on the Spirit to direct me.
CHURCH
I have been blessed with so many opportunities to serve in the last year! Through the year I have served as Ward Music Chairman, Ward Organist, Ward Choir Pianist, 1st Counselor in the Relief Society, 2nd Counselor in the Relief Society, and Stake Music Chairman. Many of these callings have been at the same time, and I have felt stretched beyond my capacities, but the Lord has blessed me for my service. I have especially appreciated the opportunity to serve in the Relief Society. The young women in my ward are choice daughters of God. They have taught me how to love unconditionally and live a joyous life. It has been a blessing to spend Sunday afternoons discussing needs and then visiting sisters in the ward. I have also been blessed with the opportunity to play the organ in the Rexburg Temple two Saturdays a month for one hour. The hour I spend playing church hymns is irreplaceable. I leave the temple feeling so much peace. In working through life's trials, I have also found peace and solace in attending a temple session once a week. As I set aside one evening to attend the temple, I have felt the strength to continue on.
FAMILY
I couldn't ask for a more supportive and loving family. I truly am blessed! I have parents who set the ultimate example for me to follow. They never complain about serving in the gospel and they are constantly looking for ways to help and lift others around them. I am blessed with siblings who live the gospel and constantly portray great examples for me to follow. As I look at their strength and testimonies, I have the courage and hope that someday I will measure up!
TESTIMONY
I was blessed with the opportunity today to share my testimony with the sisters in Relief Society. I was filled with emotions as our presidency will be released next week. I am constantly amazed at the love our Heavenly Father has for each of His children on this Earth. I know that He loves me and cares for my every need. He is watching over me daily. My Heavenly Father hears every prayer that I offer. He answers them in His timing and His own way, but I do know that He is listening. Some of my recent prayers have been answered with a feeling of peace, or the encouragement to continue on in patience. Sometimes those are the hardest answers to understand, but I am developing faith that Heavenly Father knows the plan best and it is my job to follow the steps laid before me. I know that Christ atoned for my sins. He feels my pain and He understands my heartache. Through the enabling power of the atonement, I have felt peace and love. I know that I can be forgiven of all my sins and shortcomings, and because of His sacrifice I can be made clean and whole. I have learned that no matter what, He will always be my best friend and advocate. As I have gained and
lost friends in the last year, this has been a comfort to my heart...to know that the Savior will never leave my side.
I know the Book of Mormon is another testament of Christ. I have found answers and guidance as I make a daily effort to read and study the pages. I know that service is the key to happiness. Through different trials in the last year, I have found that in order to return to a life full of joy and happiness ~ service is the key. As I have found ways to immerse myself in the service of others and truly forget about myself, I have felt the love of the Savior and pure happiness!
I have high hopes that through the next few weeks and months I will have more opportunities to share my testimony and experiences through this blog. I am truly blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment