So I had this crazy notion that things would slow down as soon as I finished my Master's Degree ~ well it didn't! I finished on April 20th and what a great feeling it created in my heart! I was so happy and so free! That freedom and complete happiness lasted until I realized that I had less than a month to be moved out of my classroom. The happiness remained, but the spare time was never existent. I began packing boxes, putting together final portfolios, creating class DVD's, completing inventories on my classroom library, filling out school check-out forms, and gathering new information for next year! To say the least, I honestly felt like I lost time when I graduated! The weekends, however, have been very nice!
Well now "school" is technically out for the summer. Life has slowed down, but I am still not moved into my new classroom at Burton Elementary. I have a few boxes emptied and about 15 more to go! I am hoping that I can get things sorted and organized this next week. What a roller coaster ride it has been to leave my classroom and my friends at the Middle School. I have met so many amazing people, and I truly am sad to leave. But at the same time, I am overjoyed and excited to make many new friends at Burton.
I will spend this next week moving in and getting everything set for next fall. The schools are on lock down during the summer months, so I will bring home some curriculum to review, but I will mostly sit back and relax! What a thought that is! And I definitely hope it lasts! Many people have asked me what I will do during my summer break...I usually just stare at them blankly because for the last year I have only worried about surviving through the next week (which is unusual for me "The Planner")! So for now I don't know what I will do after I have moved into my new classroom, and I guess only time will tell!
Sunday, May 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment