I am so blessed to be living at home at this point in my life. I have wonderful parents who are a constant example to me. They give me encouragement and help me see the good. I have a younger brother who is one of the happiest people I know. He is always smiling, singing, full of fun and laughter, and willing to bear his testimony. I have a younger sister who is a spiritual giant. She has such a strong testimony and is so happy and kind to everyone.
As we were sitting and talking the other night, my dad was helping me to gain a new perspective. He asked me where I thought my Grandpa Kunz and Grandma Dexter were and what role they are playing in my life. We questioned whether they can see into our future and help us with decisions. This question has stuck in my head for the last few days...
When I went through the temple for the first time, I could feel my Grandpa Kunz with me. When I walked into the Celestial Room, I could feel his presence so strong, and I have felt him near in the temple many times since. I will also never forget the first time I went to the temple after Grandma Dexter passed away - she wasn't able to make it when I went through the temple, but her spirit was most definitely there that first time I went through after her death.
As I have pondered the question, "Where is Grandpa?" I have developed a deeper testimony of the plan of salvation. I know that there is life after death. I know that those who have left this earth are doing a great work beyond the veil. And I really do think that my grandma and grandpa continue to play a large role in my life. I know that when I am in tune, I can especially feel my grandpa's love and concern for me. He always wanted only the best for me, and I think he is doing his best to make sure that I get only the best now that he is on the other side of the veil. I also know that I have an older brother and advocate in heaven who wants only the best for me as well...so between the two of them, I should consider myself pretty well taken care of!
Saturday, May 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment