Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Next Step

I finished my Master Degree in April 2012.  It is hard to believe that it has been a year and a half since then.  Time has simply flown by!  Well as of recently, I have been trying to figure out what I am supposed to be learning and doing during this phase of life.  I have prayed and tried several different paths only to feel like it wasn't right.

I started researching doctorate programs last spring.  Every time I would get somewhere with a program or test, I just got a feeling that it wasn't right.  So I left it alone.  Then a few months ago, I felt like maybe I should get a second master degree since the doctorate didn't feel right.  Again I prayed and started pursuing more information only to feel like it wasn't right.  So when the feeling came again this last week, I almost just ignored it because it hasn't been right.  Well I finally got around to calling Walden University to see what options they had since I had already earned my master degree.

I called during lunch and was told that since I had my master degree, I didn't have any other options through their university other than a doctorate program.  I graciously hung up the phone and had the feeling of, "Well, there's the answer again...I guess I will just wait."  Well not even five minutes later the counselor from Walden called back and apologized that she didn't tell me about their Graduate Certificates.  I can complete 12 specialized master credits and earn a Graduate Certificate.  I have prayed and attended the temple, and it just feels right.  So I will be completing my application here in the next few weeks, and will most likely start my 12 credits in January.

So I'm going to hang on tight and get ready for a crazy few months.  But I know that if I turn my heart to the Lord, I will receive the strength and energy I need to complete this.  I don't know what the future will bring, but I feel like this extra certificate will give me a boost in being successful wherever I end up.

I'm so grateful to know that I can receive direction in my life.  Often times I am left wondering why or when, but there is always a reason.  I don't know why a doctorate or second master degree isn't right, but I do know my Heavenly Father knows better than me, so I am going to put my trust in Him and keep on keepin' on.

No comments: