Monday, June 7, 2010

The Temple


I went to the Las Vegas Temple for the first time on Saturday. It was amazing! It took about 40 minutes to get there from where I am living. So I set out a little before 7 AM and got there for my appointment at 7:45. The Temple was about 4 miles off the Interstate. Once I got off the Interstate I saw at least 5 policeman...needless to say the Temple is located in North Vegas...NOT a very safe place! All of the houses and stores were so old and rundown that I was concerned if I was even going in the right direction...but I had Bessy (GPS) with me, and she led me there! When I got to the Temple, it looked beautiful! The grounds actually had grass, trees, and flowers! (If you have seen North Vegas...their yards have dead weeds and rocks) I entered the front doors and they have a huge waiting area with couches and chairs. As you enter, they have a little outside courtyard in the middle of the Temple. It was a patio type area with benches and flowers and trees...beautiful! I then was escorted to the Baptismal Font. I waited for the first assigned ward to get there so I could join them. I was lucky enough to get to join a Spanish Branch. They did all the Temple ordinances in Spanish and it was very neat. As I was being baptized and confirmed my eyes filled with tears because I was thinking how special it was to have this opportunity...and I kept thinking of my brothers...Kyle has and Jake will have the opportunity to baptize and confirm our brothers and sisters in this language. It was a very special opportunity for me. I forgot my camera, but I definitely plan on returning before I head home so I will get more pictures then.

No comments: