Sunday, March 16, 2014

Life...

Life is crazy!  I sometimes wonder if it will ever slow down.  If I will ever feel like my to-do list is mostly finished.  Or if I might have a day where I can sit and relax and not run from one thing to the next.  I am starting to realize that probably won't ever happen, but life is great anyway!

I have four piano students - I teach lessons at 6:15 on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings. I sometimes wish I could sleep in, or use that time in the morning to exercise, but I enjoy seeing these sweet kids improve and start to love the piano.

Right now I am taking six credits for a graduate certificate.  I underestimated the amount of work it would take.  I spent about seven hours doing homework on Saturday.  It is exhausting to spend that much time studying and writing papers, but I know that when it is over, I will be grateful I spent the time.  I have five more weeks in this course.  Then I will have one more three credit course, and I will finish by the second or third week of June.  It is comforting to see the light at the end of the long, dark tunnel.

I have been blessed with a wonderful student teacher for the next six weeks.  She is doing an amazing job, and I am so grateful for her willingness to carry part of the load.  She started teaching last week, and she is great!  She has made life at work less stressful.  I have a lot of struggling students this year, and it is a chore to make lessons each day that will meet student needs.  I have learned a lot as I feel I am being stretched to my limit each day in the classroom.  But I love teaching and learning from those sweet kids!

I was blessed to meet a really great young man in December, and he has been a great friend and supporter through the last few months.  I look forward to every phone call, and get super excited for every visit.  I am truly blessed!


No comments: