Sunday, August 11, 2013

Swift Creek 5k

Several weeks ago I decided I didn't want to be the "lame" sister who didn't join in the Swift Creek 5k in Star Valley.  So I committed to run, and then trained a grand total of around 5 days!  The race was on the weekend of Dad, Jodee, and Kenley's birthdays.  So we decided to make a fun weekend out of it.  Chelsea, Dad, and I headed to Star Valley on Friday morning and spent the day playing with the kids and relaxing.



We woke up early on Saturday and headed to Afton where they shuttled us to the start line.  We were freezing, and we made the mistake of getting in the first shuttle instead of the last, so we were at the start line for awhile.




We came in right under 35 minutes, and I for sure was just thankful that I made it all 3 miles after minimal training!  We had a great time with our "Star Valley Family."  After the race, we came home and enjoyed a fun birthday celebration for Kenley!  It is hard to believe that she is already 2!  She is super happy, and loved every minute of her party.




 I am blessed with an amazing family!  They keep me going from day to day, and I am forever grateful for them!

No comments: