Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Consider the Lilies

As I was reading in 3 Nephi 13 today, I was once again enlightened.  I have always enjoyed the song "Consider the Lilies" but I don't think I have ever taken thought to really listen to and understand the words.  After reading the end of chapter 13, I decided to reread the lyrics:

"Consider the lilies of the field,
how they grow, how they grow."

"Consider the birds in the sky,
How they fly, how they fly.

He clothes the lilies of the field.
He feeds the birds in the sky.
And he will feed those who trust him,
And guide them with His eye."

"Consider the sheep of his fold,
How they follow where he leads.
Though the path may wind across the mountains,
He knows the meadows where they feed."

"He clothes the lilies of the field.
He feeds the birds in the sky,
And he will feed those who trust him,
And guide them with his eye."

"Consider the sweet, tender children
Who must suffer on this earth..."

The pains of all of them he carried
From the day of his birth.
He clothes the lilies of the field,
He feeds the lambs in His fold,
And he will heal those who trust him,
And make their hearts as gold."

My heart was touched as I thought of the faith of those apostles.  Christ told them to go and preach and not worry because He would tend to their every care.  He tested their faith, and they stepped forward a few steps into the dark and then the light began to shine forth.  What great examples!

It caused me to reflect on my own life ~ do I believe Christ?  Do I truly understand that He will guide me and heal me? Am I willing to step into the dark until the light shines through the clouds?  I find that some days and through some trials I can answer with a resounding "YES!"  Other days I feel a more subdued, "yeah,"  but either way ~  I know without a doubt that He will guide me, heal me, love me, care for me, and provide comfort and peace.

He is my Savior, my Redeemer, my Brother, and Best Friend.    

No comments: