The school year is well underway, and I think I might have my head on straight...it only took 2 months! I currently have 30 students in my class, but who knows how many will be there tomorrow. I have lost two and gained two...and the whole new student thing is no fun for me! I made one extra copy of most things so the first new student wasn't that bad, but the second was a TON of extra work. I am finally able to leave the school at 4 or a few minutes after (thank goodness for an hour prep!) The kids are fun and I am absolutely loving teaching. I feel so happy!
One funny story...so the kids went into the computer lab to do some research on Rattlesnakes. I had them write their research on a piece of paper, and the next day they worked on organizing their research into an outline or some form that would be easier to read! This boy raises his hand and said, "What state is PMS in"
Me: "PMS? Are you sure its a state?"
Boy: "Yeah, what state is PMS in?"
Me: "Do you mean PA for Pennsylvania?"
Boy: "It says PMS."
Me: "Are you sure you wrote it down right?"
Boy: "Yeah, it says PMS."
Me: "I don't know a state that has PMS in it!"
Boy: Shrugs his shoulders
Me: "Well I have no idea what state you are talking about."
Boy: "Just look at what I wrote down then."
PAPER: "This rattlesnake is in a constant state of PMS and will almost always attack anyone near."
I about died laughing! I just looked at the poor boy and explained that it just meant that they were grumpy or angry all the time! He had no clue, and I had no clue until I read the whole sentence! It gave me my daily giggle! Needless to say, I am really enjoying teaching!
Monday, October 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
okay all i have to say is thank you for the hilarious booster to my day! i love kids and their innocence!
Post a Comment